Monday’s show had the requisite helpings of hard-swinging Jersey backbeat as well as exuberant guitar rock (“Darlington County”), despairing balladry (“The River”) and stories like “Jungleland,” which began as a piano etude and erupted into flourishes of cinematic grandeur. In every case, every single tune, the details were nailed and at the same time, the band sounded fully invested in bringing the songs to life. It didn’t matter if it was a nightly staple or an obscurity – nobody on Springsteen’s stage operates on autopilot. Ever.
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- Louis Vuittons Made in Hong Kong
- Amy Rigby at El Cortez in Bushwick, This Friday Night
- Ralph Towner, Solo at Jazz Standard Tonight
- Broken Shadows at the Vanguard, March 26-31
- Allison Miller’s Boom Tic Boom Glitter Wolf (Royal Potato Family)
- Joey DeFrancesco In The Key of the Universe
- Pazz & Jop Ballot – Best of 2018
- Walking On The Wings in Gowanus
- Russ Lossing Changes (Steeplechase)
- Nashville Scene’s Country Critics’ Poll
In The Cloudsahmad jamal beach boys ben allison beyonce Bill Frisell bob dylan branford marsalis bruce springsteen cecil taylor country music dave douglas diana krall duke ellington ECM elvis costello flying lotus Henry Threadgill hip-hop jamie saft jason moran jay-z jazz jazz standard jd allen jeff tweedy jim hall Jim Macnie joe lovano joe morris john coltrane john hebert Joshua Redman kanye west Lady Gaga lists marc ribot mark cutler marty ehrlich mary halvorson matt wilson Miles Davis morning/night mostly other people do the killing music nels cline newport jazz festival npr nrbq ornette coleman orrin evans paul motian Peter Stampfel Prince randy newman Richard Thompson rolling stone sonny rollins soundcloud spotify steve coleman sun ra the bad plus thelonious monk tim berne tom waits tyshawn sorey VEVO video vijay iyer village vanguard village voice VMAs wilco wynton marsalis XTC